Designed for new or junior Retail Associates, this course will teach the fundamentals of Retail sales and service for pool and spa dealers. Upon completion, the student will have an understanding of residential pool operations, maintenance, chemistry, and safety. They will understand proper sales techniques and customer service as well as how to maintain an organized and functional Retail environment.
Target Audience: Individuals new to the pool and spa Retail environment.
How You Will Benefit:
- Advance your career and earn the in-demand skills employers want.
- Earn 8 CEUs.
What You Get with The Course:
- Eight weeks access to the virtual course
Course Fee: $199/member and $299/non-member.
Learning Objectives: Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of proper customer relations and communication and have the ability to carry out tasks in an organized manner.
- Understand proper housekeeping and store layout in the Retail environment.
- Understand the basics of how a pool functions and the types of pools common in the residential market.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of Retail sales techniques, identify clients’ needs, and distinguish between benefits and features.
- Explain basic functions and maintenance requirements to customers/clients.
- Recognize the importance of a safe Retail environment and learn to identify potential hazards and how to eliminate them.
- Understand the importance of proper water chemistry and identify the key components of water balance and sanitation.
- Explain to customers/clients the aspects and importance of properly maintained water.
- Identify the key parameters needed to accurately treat pool or spa water and provide instructions to clients on water treatment.
- Recognize key elements pertaining to a safe backyard and be able to list the potential hazards.
Basic Pool Operations
- Types of Pools
Basic Pool Water Chemistry
- Water Balance
Water Testing Procedures
- Water lab maintenance
- How to obtain complete information from client
- Proper testing procedures
- How to analyze results and advise in a Clear, Concise, and Complete manner
- Drowning Prevention
- Chemical Handling and Storage
- Electrical Hazards
- Proper Pool Enclosures
- Proper Use of Pool Equipment (diving boards, etc.)
- How to effectively greet customers
- Email and telephone etiquette
- Disgruntled customer – how to handle
- How to properly handle a return
- How to handle multiple customers
Retail Sales Techniques
- How to listen to discover needs
- How to query for needs and desires
- Suggestive selling
- Benefits and features
- Basic merchandising and housekeeping
- How to review a water test with customers
- How to present products to customers
- Good Responses vs. Poor Responses
Safety in a Retail Environment
- Compatibility (merchandising and storage)
- Parking Lot Maintenance
- Fork Lifts
- Stack Outs
- Proper disposal of trash or chemicals